My Blog

Thanks for stopping by! I use to blog to "keep in touch," I use to blog to brag, I use to blog for an outlet. I have now realized I blog because these are the things I want my children to know/remember about our life together as a family. These days won't stop passing, but having a record of it when it is all a memory will be priceless to me.
I read your blog because I love you!


Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Thought- lazy days


So I was taking a break from Happy Thought thinking that my reading public might be sick of them. But a strange thing happened- I stopped thinking of things I was thankful for and thereby my mood plummeted. So my dear readers, you may skip reading them all you like for I don't make you read my posts anyway. I will continue with Happy Thoughts because I desire to be happy. (Can you tell my dear reader that I am reading Jane Eyre! If you haven't read it, she always addresses the reader of the book- I kind of like it like me and Charlotte Bronte are tight!)
So my happy thought for today is lazy days. Yesterday was a doozy (anyone know the correct spelling of doozy if it is even a word) of a lazy day. I didn't feel well so the bare minimum happened- we got dressed and fed and that was about it. My amazing husband came home and cooked dinner of his own invention. If I named it it would be something of the sort of... well I won't give my creative title but it would be Ginger Chicken and Eggplant stew.
The reason I am most thankful for my lazy day yesterday is that by the end of the day I hated myself. I was sick with idleness and today I vow to accomplish more. I still don't feel well but it is 9am my kids are dressed and fed and I am off to take a shower. Once I am ready I think we will go to the children's museum... maybe not productive but at least out of the house.

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others."
~ Cicero ~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice face!!!!

Nicole said...

I have had several lazy days lately... but somehow I have missed the motivation to get things done afterward!! Maybe I'll start feeling better soon!

Emily said...

Hey, don't hate yourself after a lazy day!! Easy to say, i do hate myself too sometimes. I am glad you are thankful for your lazy day, and i thought the eggplant ginger chickens stew sounded marvelous, do you have egg plants on hand? I may want the recipe for that one if we get eggplants in our crop share!!!

Heather said...

the lazy days are a norm around here these days... and if i get anything done... its something to be proud of... thats how i live my life.... low expectations. haha.